PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a flexible method which enables practitioners to successfully deliver projects regardless of size or complexity. Adopted by organizations worldwide, PRINCE2 training course offers a step by step guide for managing projects, a common vocabulary for improved communication, and a defined structure for accountability, delegation, and authority.
The PRINCE2® Foundation introduces the PRINCE2 method. It prepares practitioners to act as informed members of the project management team by imparting knowledge of project management principles, themes, practices, and processes. PRINCE2 Foundation is also a prerequisite for the PRINCE2® Practitioner certification.
In addition to preparing you for the certification examination, this PRINCE2 training course focuses on the learning objectives defined in the official syllabus by AXELOS.
- Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2
- Understand how the PRINCE2 principles underpin the PRINCE2 method
- Understand the PRINCE2 themes and how they are applied throughout the project
- Understand the PRINCE2 processes and how they are carried out throughout the project
Who Should Attend This Training
- Current and aspiring project managers
- Project board members such as Senior Responsible Owners (SROs)
- Team leads or team managers
- Project assurance professionals
- Project support professionals
- Operational line managers or staff
- Project executives
- Project engineers
- Software Developers
There are no prerequisites for attending this PRINCE2 training course or attempting the certification exam. That said, knowledge and experience on project management is preferable.
- 60 multiple choice questions
- Passing criteria is 55%, i.e. 33 marks out of 50
- 60 minutes duration (+15 minutes for candidates with English as secondary language)
- Closed book
Upon passing the PRINCE2 Foundation examination, you can proceed towards the PRINCE2 Practitioner certification.
Introduction to PRINCE2 and Project Management
- Characteristics of project management
- Project and product life cycles
- History of PRINCE2
- PRINCE2 structure
- Benefits of PRINCE2
The 7 Principles of PRINCE2
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by Stages
- Manage by Exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
The 7 Themes of PRINCE2
- Business Case
The 7 Processes of PRINCE2
- Starting a project
- Directing a project
- Initiating a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing Stage Boundaries
- Managing Product Delivery
- Closing a Project
- Exam tips and tricks
- Practice Examination
Exam & Certification FAQs
Is This An Open Book Exam?
Unlike PRINCE2 Practitioner, the Foundation certification examination is closed book.
What Types Of Questions Will I Get?
The exam comprises classic, missing word, and list multiple choice questions. Classic questions have a question and four possible options. Missing word questions entail a sentence with a missing word, and four possible options to fill the blank.
How Long Will It Take To Receive My Exam Results?
Candidates may receive examination results immediately after the web-based examination. Final results and the certificate are sent via email within two to three working days.
When Will My PRINCE2 Foundation Certification Expire?
The PRINCE2 Foundation certification does not expire.
What Is The Difference Between The PRINCE2 Foundation And PMP Certifications?
Both certifications support project management methods with different frameworks. PMP® is based on the PMBOK® guide whereas PRINCE2® covers well-detailed templates and processes that provide practical skills to the professionals.