MSc, ACA, FCCA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CRMA
Director, Audit & Assurance – Government of British Columbia, Canada
Imran is a seasoned professional with rich internal audit experience spanning over decades. He has worked for various multinationals, Big Four Firms and National & International corporates. Throughout his career, he has established a reputation as a transformational leader who is committed to furthering standards of excellence. Imran’s expertise encompasses all aspects of internal audit, risk management and advisory.
Imran is a proud winner of “Internal Audit Excellence Award” from ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales). He has spearheaded Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) implementation initiatives and have played a key role towards elevation of corporate governance practices. Imran continues to contribute towards profession as a subject matter expert and as a thought leader. He also serves/served various professional bodies in different capacities. This includes serving as:
- President of Institute of Internal Auditors Vancouver Island Chapter, Canada
- Member of ACCA’s Global Forum for Audit & Assurance
- Member of ACFE’s Global Advisory Council
- Past Chairman of ACCA’s Members Advisory Committee
- Past President of ACFE’s (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) Chapter
- Member of Board of Directors of “Connections Place” – a global not-for-profit organization
His contributions towards the profession don’t go unnoticed and he gets invited as an expert speaker at various professional conferences & seminars world-wide. His recent speaking engagements include:
- IIA UAE National Conference 2020 – Dubai, UAE
- IIA Canada Vancouver Island Chapter Event – 2020 -Victoria, Canada
- IIA Canada’s National Conference – 2019 – Toronto, Canada
- International Conference of Internal Auditors – 2018 – Dubai, UAE
- International Conference of Internal Auditors – 2017 – Sydney, Australia
Imran currently work for Government of British Columbia – Canada, as Director of Audit & Assurance.
With the philosophy of being a person of value, Imran actively advocates and gets engaged in youth mentorship programs. Passion to lead a positive change in society keeps Imran motivated to work with youth on a wider spectrum of character building, becoming a successful professional and mastering interpersonal skills. He believes, there is no better feeling than lifting others up and see them grow, prosper and flourish in their lives with strong ethical values.